Monday, August 23, 2010

Leaf Collages

The weather here was absolutely beautiful today, so we decided to go outside for a picnic, then ended up collecting a bag full of leaves! And what do we do with bags full of leaves? Make collages of course!! Today we decided to make "trees" from construction paper and our leaves. Here's what we used:

First, we cut "trunks" out of brown construction paper and glued them onto some thicker paper. then we separated and grouped the leaves, and we used scissors to cut some of them off of their stems.

I let my little artist decorate his yellow paper, then we put down some glue and he started going to town with the leaves! (If you cut off all of the stem it will stick to the paper better!) I think they turned out pretty cute. I love the variety of leaves we were able to find in our yard. I can't wait to see what kinds of projects we can get into this fall!!

1 comment: