Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cricut Card-making!

This past week we celebrated two birthdays, and my son looooves to help me make birthday cards on our "cutter" (i.e. the Cricut). This first one is the card we made for my Dad.

My little helper picked out the paper and the dinosaur, and he helped me glue it all together. We used the "Stretch Your Imagination" cartridge, which has some super cute designs, and a built-in function for card-making. We used the striped paper for the card foundation, then we used brown paper and green frames for the front. Then we used the "Paper Dolls Dress-up "cartridge to cut out the dinosaur. We had so much fun making it that we decided to make one for my brother's girlfriend too! We made hers with the Paper Dolls Dress-up cartridge as well, but we actually made a little character for this card. Here's how they start:
Then we glue it all together, enhance the features a little, and here's how it turns out:
Then we cut out the card base and an envelope using the Plantin School Book cartridge, glued it all together, and look how cute it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment