Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Just Made This..

On Tuesday I had a sick little one and a sick hubby, so it turned out to be a pretty quiet afternoon.  The baby was in a good mood (mostly), so I decided to take advantage and work on a project I've been itching to try: a pillowcase dress!  I had the fabric picked out, washed and ironed already, so I took the baby's measurements and got started.  It was so easy.  When I showed it to my husband he said (as he does when I show him anything I've made), "Wow!  You made that?  That looks professional.  You should sell those."  Ha!  I don't think I'd go that far, but it's nice to be appreciated...

So anyway.... After reading a couple of tutorials and studying pictures and things, here's what I came up with:

It does look a little square-ish, but that's just because she's so short.  :)  When I took the pic I was still working on adjusting the little straps and the length/width of the neckline, etc.  But overall, not too bad for a first attempt.  I don't know if I added the lace and trim "correctly," but it works.

Ok, she was in a good mood until the moment I wanted to put the dress on her and take a pic... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment