Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A New Project!

So I FINALLY have my craft area re-organized, and I love going into the room now.  It has totally renewed my crafting spirit!  Now, I don't have a lot of funds right now (my piano lessons haven't started back up yet), so I'm mostly crafting with just what I have laying around.  Here's what I did the other day: votive holders!


It's not the most magnificent thing I've ever made, but I think they're pretty cute.  I used some empty cheese dip jars (my hubby's favorite), took off the labels, and Mod Podge'd on tissue paper.  I wanted to try a couple of different things for embellishments, so I wrapped a scrap of lace around one and a simple ribbon around the other.  I think the music one will look cute on my piano.  :)  I like the blue ribbon on the lace--it gives it a more casual accent (as opposed to, say, pearls, which I also considered putting on), and gives it a little extra color.  It only took m about an hour to make both, including mod podge drying time, and there are sooooo many things you could put on them!  I just used what I had on hand, but you could do different papers, ribbons, charms, jewels...even feathers and paint!  I can't wait to get more supplies so I can try different things!

No comments:

Post a Comment