Monday, August 9, 2010

Small Beginnings

OK, here goes! Ever since we decided to start blogging our ideas, I have been making a mental list of things I wanted to post about. Then it occurred to me that making lists is a very good place to start when it comes to getting organized. I could not live without my lists! When I wake up in the morning and know that I have a lot to do that day, I head downstairs and make a list of what needs to get done. As I go through the day, I cross things off the list as I get them done, and I add to the list as I notice more things I'd like to do. The same principle can be applied to tackling a cluttered room or closet, or any area of your home or office! So, here's how to make a list work:

1. Grab a pen and paper and walk around the room/area. Write down everything: things to be put away, sorted through, boxed up, dusted, cleaned, rearranged, washed, ironed, thrown away, or given to Goodwill.
2. Don't go in order. Some of the first things you write down may not be the easiest to accomplish. Start with what's most obvious and what can be done quickly and work your way up to the more time-consuming stuff.
3. Cross things off as soon as you finish! Seeing things crossed off a list can be very satisfying!
4. It doesn't have to all get done in one day! As long as you have your list, you'll never lose your place or forget what you've already done!

Check out this website for some list-making ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment